This White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Red Currant Sauce is a dreamy, indulgent and elegant dessert that is very easy to make.
First of all, I’ll never get over how easy it is to make Panna Cotta.
Secondly, I love the way it tastes. It is creamy and completely decadent.
It’s just so good, you guys.
There aren’t really words that can describe it.
You have to try it yourself. I also love the way that sounds – Panna Cotta!
It sounds like a very complicated recipe but believe me, it’s not hard at all. You just have to stir a few ingredients together, let it set and voila…Sweet tooth heaven!
It’s my favorite for sure.
Red currant sauce adds a little something special to this quick and easy dessert recipe!
I love these bright little red pearls.
They are not easy to find, at least in my area, so when I saw them at my local market a few days ago I couldn’t believe my eyes.
In Europe, these berries are pretty popular. My husband used to eat them right from the bush at his grandma’s backyard in Portugal…. What a treat!
They have a very sharp spicy tart taste. They make great sauces, jams and fruit pies, or you can simply eat the fresh fruit with ice cream or yogurt!
My recipe is all yours now.
White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Red Currant Sauce
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chip
- 7 tablespoons milk (I used 1%)
- 1/4 cup sugar
Red Currant Sauce:
- 1 cup red currants
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place gelatin sheets in a medium bowl and add cold water. Leave the gelatin soak for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, mix heavy cream and chocolate; cook until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove gelatin from the water, drain and add to cream mixture; mix until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add milk and sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Let the mixture slightly cool. Then evenly distributed into 4 small glasses, bowls, or ramekins. Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve the set panna cotta topped with the red currant sauce.
- Prepare Red Currant Sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, place the red currants, water, sugar, and lemon zest. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and pass the mixture through a fine sieve if desired (I didn't)
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!