Homemade Pizza Dough
Ultimate No-Knead Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe! It's easy to make and taste great. If you're a fan of crispy, thin-crust pizza, you'll definitely want to give this recipe a try.
Servings 3 medium pizzas
- 4 cups (560 gr) Double Zero 00 flour (you can also use bread flour or all-purpose flour)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (7 gr) dry instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes or table salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (12 oz - 340 ml) warm water (the water should be between 105-115F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Mix flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in a bowl of the stand electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Mix to combine.
Add warm water and oil. Start mixing at the lowest speed until all the flour has been incorporated. When the dough starts to come together, increase the speed to medium. Mix until the dough gathers into a ball, about 8 -10 minutes.
Form the dough into a ball, place it in a lightly oiled bowl, and turn it over to coat. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let it rise. At this point, you can:Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours to use the same day, orRefrigerate the dough, well covered, for up to 24 hrs to use the next day. After risen, divide the dough into 3 equal portions and then roll them into balls. To bake the same day: cover the dough balls with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let them rise in a warm place for 30 – 60 minutes. To freeze for later use: place dough balls you wish to freeze in a freezer resealable plastic bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Ensure that if you put multiple dough balls in one bag, you use parchment paper or wax paper to keep them separated.
When ready to bake the pizzas, preheat the oven to 450 - 500º F (230 - 260º C).
Stretch out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Note: I like to stretch the dough with my hands, so I don't deflate the bubbles in the dough. Brush the crusts with a thin layer of olive oil, and top with pizza sauce and your favorite toppings.
Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until crispy and golden. Slice and serve.
Check out my super easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe!
LEFTOVERS: If you have leftover pizza, simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the pizza in the oven or microwave until heated through.
FREEZER: If you have extra pizza dough and would like to freeze it, transfer the dough ball to a plastic freezer bag. Make sure the bag is well sealed to avoid freezer burn. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, let the dough thaw and rise for 2 to 4 hours until doubled in volume. Fold the dough back onto itself four or five times and use as desired.
No stand mixer? No problem!
- Mix dry ingredients onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle.
- Add water and oil to the center of the well.
- Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid. Keep mixing, drawing larger amounts of flour in, and when it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean hands. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate, and it can vary depending on the products used.
- If you're looking for a delicious pizza sauce, try my Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe.
- The recipe yields three large pizza crusts, so feed the whole family or freeze one for later use.
- This pizza dough uses instant yeast. If you only have active dry yeast, you will have to bloom it ahead of time with warm water. Add the active dry yeast to the warm water, and after 8 to 10 minutes, it should be foaming on top. Using active dry yeast will also require you to let it rise for longer than instant yeast, about double the time.
- Cooking pizza at a high temperature on a pizza stone is ideal; a pizza round or sheet pan will also work just fine.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1172mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 5mg