This Venezuelan Guasacaca is creamy, smooth, fresh and absolutely delicious! Perfect for dipping, dressing, and spreading. The possibilities are endless.
Servings 10 servings (1/4 cup approx.)
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leave (tightly packed)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup corn oil
Storing: You can prepare it in advance but be sure to keep it covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- You can add more garlic and/or onion to give it more kick.
- Feel free to change the type of oil used. I don't like the addition of olive oil taste so I use corn oil. You can always use a light-tasting olive oil if you don't have corn oil!
- Avocados are ripe once they yield to a firm squeeze. If your avocados are ripe before you're ready to use it, store it in the fridge.
- To cut the avocados, carefully cut the avocado in half lengthwise around the seed. Twist to open and the remove the seed and scoop out the avocado with a spoon.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate, and it can vary depending on the products used.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 708mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.4mg