Easy Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Brisket
This to-die-for Easy Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Brisket is tender, smokey, slightly spicy, and super flavorful. It’s everything you love about chipotle flavors with all there is to love about a fantastic cut of beef.
Servings 8 people
- 6 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 individual chipotle peppers from a can of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 3 lb. beef brisket
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
MAKE THE MARINADE:
Place garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, oil, salt, black pepper, oregano, onion powder, cumin, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce in a small food processor. Pulse until well combined, and a paste is formed.
MARINADE THE BRISKET:
Rub the brisket with the chipotle paste, rubbing it thoroughly on all sides. If time permits, leave for 30 minutes to 24 hours in the fridge, but I rarely do this.
Place orange juice, chicken broth, liquid smoke, and bay leaves in the slow cooker; mix to combine. Add seasoned brisket into a slow cooker. Cover with the lid.
Slow cook for 8 hours (1.5 kg / 3 lb) to 10 hours (2 kg / 4 lb).
When the time is over, remove the brisket onto a plate or tray.
CARAMELIZE IN THE OVEN
Turn on the broil of your oven. Line one baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
Place brisket onto a baking sheet, baste generously with sauce, broil for 3 – 4 minutes. Then remove and baste again, then return to oven for 3 – 4 more minutes until it caramelizes.
Cover the brisket with foil and let it rest 15 – 20 minutes before slicing. Slice brisket thinly across the grain and serve with remaining sauce.
STORE: This will keep well in the refrigerator for about 4 - 5 days. Reheat it in a low oven, wrapped in aluminum foil, for 20-25 minutes or so.
FREEZER: The brisket can be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, defrost it in the refrigerator for 24 hours, then cover it tightly with foil and reheat in a 300°F oven until hot, at least 30 minutes.
If you’re going to make this recipe, please read the whole post content to get lots of tips, tricks, and variations.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate, and it can vary depending on the products used.
- When you order the brisket from your butcher, ask for a neat-shaped whole piece, trimmed of any excess fat on the side.
- If the meat is so tender that it falls apart when you try to cut it, try cutting the meat with a very sharp knife in one direction only, in a smooth, even stroke. Don't run your knife back and forth.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 925mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g