Easy Eggless Key Lime Pie
This Easy Eggless Key Lime Pie is tart, creamy, luscious, perfectly tart and jaw-dropping delicious! Made with just a few ingredients.
- 1 ½ - 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 -10 whole rectangle graham cracker)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 oz each) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ¾ cup fresh key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
To Decorate (optional):
- Whipped Cream
- Thins lime slices, cut in quarters
Preheat oven to 350º F (160º C).
Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon (if using), salt and butter in a small bowl.
Place the crumb mixture into an 8" - 9.5" pie pan. Press the crumbs firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan. Note: I like to use a measuring cup to press the crumbs into place. It’s up to you if you want to go all the way up the sides of the pan or not.
Bake for 8 -9 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool (about 20-25 minutes). Note: I usually let the crust cooling over the counter for 8-10 minutes and then pop it into the freezer while I make the filling.
Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime zest. Then mix in lime juice and cornstarch mixture until well blended.
Set mixture aside to rest about 5 minutes, this allows it time to thicken before pouring into the crust.
Pour filling into cooled pie crust and evenly spread.
Bake in the preheated oven until or until barely set, 15 - 18 minutes (pie should jiggle just slightly).
Transfer to a rack and let cool completely, then refrigerate overnight.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with lime zest and lime slices.
Nine - ten whole (rectangular) graham crackers will yield 1 1/2 cups of crumbs.
This pie can be made with regular limes if you can’t find key lime.
How to Tell Key Lime Pie is Done
Bake the key lime pie until the filling is only slightly jiggly in the center (about 15-20 minutes). To check carefully slightly shake the pie pan and observe the center. DO NOT touch it or you fingerprint will ruin the smooth and gorgeous top.
Store leftover key lime pie covered loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Extra Tips to Make Eggless Key Lime Pie:
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.
- Don’t use bottled lime juice.
- Let the pie chill overnight in the refrigerator so it sets up properly before serving.
- To simplify the lime juicing process, I like to use this lime squeezer.
- Use the piping bag to pipe perfect swirls or whipped cream.
- If the pie is going to be at room temperature for an extended period of time, I recommend using stabilized whipped cream, since it will keep its shape for longer.
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 69g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 1.7mg