Hola & Welcome to my Eggless Kitchen!
I’m Oriana, the face behind Mommy’s Home Cooking. I’m a wife, mother of three, recipe developer, photographer and food stylist, a well-known lover of easy recipes, and a full-time eggless recipes food blogger living in Virginia.
I’ve been in the kitchen since I can remember. From a very young age, I watched my mom and family members work their magic to create delicious dishes, and since then, I have been in love with food. I have a true passion for creating recipes that the whole family can enjoy, without complications and without spending a fortune.
I was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, where food goes far beyond just feeding the family. The food is an essential element of my culture, which presents love and tradition…values that I’m committed to passing down to my kids.
When I’m not in the kitchen, I love traveling, going to the beach, and experiencing life with my family. I also like to indulge in my mild Netflix addiction from time to time.
ABOUT MOMMY’S HOME COOKING
I started this blog in the summer of 2011. At that time, I visualized it as a way to document all my fears, experiences, and feelings during this wonderful journey called Motherhood. Over time, my blog has evolved, and now I use it to share eggless recipes. That is why Mommyhood’s Diary became Mommy’s Home Cooking, in June 2016.
As a self-taught cook/baker myself, Mommy’s Home Cooking has become a trusted resource for food lovers who have an egg allergy, egg intolerance, or ran out of eggs but still want to make something delicious.
On my blog, you’ll find hundreds of from-scratch recipes that are inspired by all-time favorites and recipes that have been passed down to me. There are also plenty of helpful kitchen tips and tricks, step-by-step photos, and video tutorials that will encourage you to grow and have confidence when baking/cooking without eggs.
WHY EGGLESS RECIPES?
In 2013, my youngest daughter, Victoria, was diagnosed with a severe egg allergy. It was hard, especially for me. Victoria was too young to realize what was going on.
Then … special occasions, such as birthdays, school parties, playdates, etc. Those are a real struggle!
In my opinion, egg allergy is one of the most difficult food allergies to live with because eggs are hidden ingredients in so many foodstuffs. Even Parmesan cheese… can you believe that?
When my daughter was diagnosed with egg allergy when she was 1 yo, I promised myself that she would never feel sidelined or limited because of her condition. And so, my adventure of cooking and baking without eggs started.
During all these years, I have developed many eggless recipes, which I hope will be very useful for your family as they have been for mine.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME!
- From a young age, I was taught that food could bring people together.
- I’m the eldest of four children.
- I meet my husband at a very young age, and we have been together for more than 30 years. We have 3 kids, one grandson, and one fur-baby.
- I m a self-taught cooker and baker, so everything I know today I’ve learned through research and trial and error.
- When our daughter was diagnosed with a severe egg allergy in 2013, she was too young to realize what was going on, but I took it hard.
- I care deeply about making every recipe the best it can be, which is why I test my recipes ten times over before I’m satisfied.
- My family and I love the beach, so every chance we get, we grab our umbrella we put on our flip-flops, and headed to the beach, even if it’s just for a couple of hours.
- I like crappy shows like The Real Housewife’s, and I am not ashamed.
I take all the photographs on my blog!
Blogging opened up a whole new world for me. Now I can also see the world through a lens. I am constantly learning and trying out new things. My first camera (my husband gave it to me as a Christmas gift) was a Canon T2i, then a Canon 70D, and I now use a Canon 5D Mark III. My favorite lenses are the Canon EF 100 mm f/2.8, Canon EF 24-70 mm f/2.8, and Canon EF 50mm f/1.4.
Please don’t use my photos without permission. If you want to learn more about my Policy of Use of recipes and photos, click here.
KEEPING IN TOUCH
First Time Here? Start Here…
I RESPONSE =)
WORK WITH ME