Ultimate No-Knead Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe! It’s easy to make and taste great. If you’re a fan of crispy, thin crust pizza, you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a try.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
Today is Friday and that means… Pizza Night!!!
This is so much fun. The kids love it since they get to help me. They knee the dough, pick what vegetables they want as a topping, sprinkle the cheese, etc… they really feel like they did all the work, and at the end they enjoy the fruits of their labor.
As a mom I love it too. And if I get lucky it may happen that they agree to add a “new” vegetable on their pizza.
Having a good pizza dough recipe is very convenient. I’ve been using this recipe from Donna Hay cookbook for years. It’s simply and fabulous. I just add a little bit of semolina flour for colour and flavor, but this is totally optional. It comes together in just minutes and doesn’t need a long rising time. But the flavor gets even better if you have the time to let it rise or refrigerate the dough overnight.
I like to use Italian type “00” flour, which is finer ground that normal flour, and it’ll give the dough a fantastic, delicious, and super-smooth texture. I buy this flour online here. You can definitely use all-purpose flour; the texture will be slightly different but still come out fine.
The recipe yields two large pizza crusts, so feed the whole family or freeze one for later use.
Okay, now go forth and make pizza today…C’mon, don’t make me beg, you know you want to!!
Check out my Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Mix yeast, sugar, and water in a bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 5-10 minutes, or until foam appears on the surface.
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of the standing electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Make a well in the center. Add the yeast mixture. Start mixing at the lowest speed until all the flour has been incorporated. When the dough starts to come together, increase the speed to medium. Mix until the dough gathers into a ball, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, turn it over to coat. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal-size balls and roll out on a lightly floured surface. Brush the crusts with a thin layer of olive oil, and top with your favorite flavors.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!