Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts
These 30-minute Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts are smothered with a deliciously bright and citrusy orange-ginger sauce. They’re a crowd pleasing hit and a fantastic weeknight meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red sweet pepper,seeded and cut into strips
- 6 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast (1 1/2 approx.)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans,thawed (edamame)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and red pepper; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Transfer to bowl. In the same skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 -8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked. Transfer to the bowl with carrots and peppers mixture.
In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in broth, orange juice concentrate, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the water; stir into broth mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes until it thickens.
Return chicken and vegetables mixture to the skillet. Add edamame. Cook and stir until heated through and the chicken and vegetables are coated with the sauce, about 3 – 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve.