These 30-minute Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts are smothered with a deliciously bright and citrusy orange-ginger sauce. They’re a crowd pleasing hit and a fantastic weeknight meal.
Hellooo there, Friday. I’ve never been happier to see you.
It’s been a long week, especially because the weather in these parts has been anything but pleasant lately. Rain, rain, rain, and more rain. Temperatures rising into the low 60s. Very rare for this time of year. And almost ZERO snow…soo disappointed!!
February is almost here and I am sticking to my plan of improving my dinner game with healthier options, and so far, I’m knocking it out of the park.
This Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts are incredibly easy to make and succulent. No messy breading, frying, or excess oiling is going to happen here. Who need all those extra calories, right? Guaranteed to disappear fast!
The simplicity, second to the flavor of course, may be the best thing about this recipe. It is SO EASY. It’s ready in just 30 minutes, which is precisely what I want during lazy winter months. Easy peasy. Perfect for weeknights.
Confession time: I have love affair with Peapod!!!
Please don’t tell my husband!! ????
Welp… to be honest I think he is having a love affair with Peapod too, this service has saved him so many last-minute trips to the grocery store. I am sure he is super pleased with that fact.
Can you believe that after clicking one button, all the ingredients for this recipe, and others, were delivered on my doorstep? So convenient. This time, I tried the unattended delivery. As you can see, everything was perfectly packed.
I ❤️ grocery delivery! It has completely changed my life.
These 30 Minute Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts are juicy, absolutely scrumptious, ultra-flavorful, and easy to pull off. And so colorful and bright, right? the more colorful and vibrant our food is, the more rich in nutrients they are. So this recipe is definitely a keeper.
They’re simple weeknight meal, yet delicious enough for the weekend. Serve these Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts with plenty of yummy sauce, next to quinoa or fluffy rice.
Enjoy, and Happy cooking!!!
Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red sweet pepper,seeded and cut into strips
- 6 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast (1 1/2 approx.)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans,thawed (edamame)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and red pepper; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Transfer to bowl. In the same skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 -8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked. Transfer to the bowl with carrots and peppers mixture.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in broth, orange juice concentrate, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the water; stir into broth mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Return chicken and vegetables mixture to the skillet. Add edamame. Cook and stir until heated through and the chicken and vegetables are coated with the sauce, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
More Chicken Recipes…