These Low Carb Breadless Skinny Oven Fried Pork Chops are super easy to make and beyond flavorful. It comes together in about 30 minutes, making it a great, and healthy, weeknight dinner.
Low Carb Breadless Skinny Oven Fried Pork Chops Recipe
Sorry I have been so MIA … Some things have changed in our family which has made it a bit difficult for me to adapt to a new routine. Somehow I got stuck in the holiday’s mood so It wasn’t surprising that the January blues hit me hard. Thanks goodness…I’m back!
I know that this is “diet” season. Everyone is on a diet, or at the gym, and looking for delicious recipes that help them to stay on track. So today I am sharing an amazing Skinny Oven Fried Pork Chops recipe, which is eggless (of course), low carb (breadless), gluten-free, and can be easily adapted to be in line with the Whole30 rules.
How to breading without eggs
When it comes to recipes that are breaded, such as fish sticks, chicken nuggets, Milanesa (breaded fried steak), fried chicken, etc… I substitute the egg dip for buttermilk to help the crumbs mixture bind to the food as it cooks. It works great and its high acidity level helps tenderize the meats.
If you are trying to avoid dairy products, you can make your own buttermilk combining 1 cup of unsweetened PLAIN almond milk + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set aside for 2 minutes and let it thicken a little.
How to breading without breadcrumbs
Since my eldest daughter is following the whole 30 diet I got curious about how to breading food without breadcrumbs. So after a little bit of investigation, I started to experiment with several combinations. The substitute I liked most was the combination of almond flour and tapioca.
So if you are looking for a substitution for bread crumbs try mixing 1 cup of almond flour with 1 tablespoon of tapioca flour or arrowroot starch flour. I also like to add salt, pepper and other spices, like paprika, Italian seasoning etc., to the mix for extra flavor.
If you are following the KETO diet mix 1 cup of almond flour with 1 tablespoon of unflavored whey protein isolate powder. Add salt, pepper, and other spices, like paprika, Italian seasoning etc., to the mix for extra flavor.
These Low-Carb Skinny Oven Fried Pork Chops are unbelievably tender and flavorful! A quick, healthy and easy weeknight meal! We love pork chops because they’re an extremely lean protein that makes our taste buds happy.
YAY for Guilt-free pork chops!!!
Skinny Oven Fried Pork Chops
- 2 lbs pork loin chops (6 pork chops approx.)
- 1 cup buttermilk, (if following whole 30 diet see notes below)
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 tablespoon unflavored whey protein isolate powder (see note)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Parsley or cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Avocado and tomato salad to serve (optional)
- Trim the fat from the pork chops, if necessary.
- In a large bowl, cover the pork chops with the buttermilk and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove pork chops from fridge 30 minutes before you plan to make them.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil, or spray a large nonstick baking sheet lightly with oil.
- Combine almond flour/meal, tapioca, salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, and parmesan, if using, in a large shallow bowl.
- Grab a pork chop from the buttermilk, letting any excess milk runoff. Coat with crumb mixture, coating completely. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top of the pork chops.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pork is done (145º F)
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!