These lentil patties are eggless, healthy, easy to make, and delicious! Perfect when you only have 15 minutes to cook but still want a hearty and satisfying meal.
Eggless Lentil Patties Recipe
I was planning on publishing this recipe for “Meatless Monday” but life got complicated, and I couldn’t make it. So… please pretend that there is something like “Meatless Thursday”.
Meet my Eggless Lentil Patties … They are super tasty, delicious, and easy to make!
Everyone liked them. They’re crunchy and golden-brown on the outside, tender on the inside, and with an earthy-nutty flavor. I have to admit that I didn’t expect them to be SO delicious!
These patties need some binder to get well-formed and solid. I used a flax-egg because of my daughter’s egg allergy, but you can use a regular egg if you don’t have any food restriction.
Eggless Lentil Patties Ingredients
Amounts are included in the printable recipe below (scroll down). You’ll need:
- Cooked lentils
- Cilantro leaves
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 flax egg or 1 egg if you are not egg-restricted
- Olive oil
Please check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact quantities and detailed instructions (scroll down).
These patties are a great option for a weeknight-healthy dinner. They freeze beautifully. So you can make them during the weekend then freeze them for later use. So easy!
STORING EGGLESS LENTILS PATTIES
Let the cooked patties cool completely, then transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerated for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to a month.
HOW TO SERVE EGGLESS LENTILS PATTIES
Eggless Lentil Patties
- 1 cup cooked lentils, drained (see notes)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 flax egg (or 1 egg if you are not egg-restricted - see notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Greek yogurt sauce for serving (optional)
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
Make the Flax Egg:
- Mix golden flaxseed meal water and in a small bowl until well combined. Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
Make the Lentils Patties:
- Mix cooked lentils, breadcrumbs, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and flax egg in a medium bowl.
- Place half of the mixture in a small food processor and process until it has a paste consistency. Combine with another half of the mixture.
- Shape mixture into six 3-inch patties. Notes: I like to use a 1/4 cup to divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Or bake at 375º F for about 15 – 20 minutes, gently flipping at the halfway mark.
- Serve with Greek Sauce and greens, if desired.
- Eggless Pumpkin Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Cheesy Quinoa Quesadillas
- How to Make Falafel [the quick way]
- Cheesy Enchilada Rice and Beans Casserole
- Lentil Patties Eggless
- Lasagna Zucchini Rolls