This Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet recipe is quick, delicious and satisfying! It’s made from scratch with no processed ingredients. Ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect meal prep recipe to keep your taste buds happy and your belly full. Whole30 compliant.
This Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet is a serious life-saver weeknight dinner recipe!
My husband and I started the Whole30 program the past March 1st. I will not lie … it has not been easy, but we have managed to survive without cheese and bread, and sugar. We feel good though. We have more energy and feel like we have dropped a few pounds. So, the overall experience has been good.
For the first few weeks, I felt exhausted, not only because of the changes in my eating habits but also because I felt like I was spending the whole day cooking.
So, I decided to cook big batches of food, after all, we do not mind eating the same thing for 2 or 3 days. That is how this Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet was born.
In my opinion, a weeknight dinner should be easy, quick, and satisfying -yet- healthy-ish. And this Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet recipe totally fit the bill.
It’s made in less than 30 minutes,
It’s super easy to make,
It’s made from scratch with no processed ingredients and
The sauce in this dish is divine! It’s made with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and tapioca starch instead of cornstarch.
What is coconut aminos?
Coconut aminos is a sauce that resembles a light soy sauce or tamari. It’s made from a blend of aged coconut sap and sea salt. The delicious sauce has a rich, savory flavor with a touch of sweetness. It’s naturally gluten-free and vegan.
In what recipes can I use coconut aminos?
Almost any recipe that calls for soy sauce can be made with coconut aminos instead.
Where can I buy coconut aminos?
You can buy coconut aminos in stores like Whole Food and Trader Joe’s, or online in Amazon or Thrive Market.
I am following the whole30 program…can I still make this recipe?
Yes! This recipe is 100% Whole30 compliant.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH Chicken and Asparagus?
Jazz up your weeknight dinner with this Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet.
Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet
- 5 - 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds)
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix coconut aminos, chicken broth, tapioca starch, ginger and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until well combined and no lumps.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 8 -10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from the skillet and reserve.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same skillet. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the reserved coconut aminos mixture; toss to heat through. Bring to a full boil to thicken.
- Garnish with sliced and scallions and sesame seed, if desired.
- Server with mashed potatoes, white rice, quinoa, or vegetables.
- Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet
- Easy Tuna Ragu [Keto and Whole 30 Friendly]
- Skinny Oven Fried Pork Chops [KETO friendly]
- Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Copycat Chick fil A Superfood Salad
- Maple Vinaigrette
- Skinny Glazed Salmon
- Skinny Oven Fried Chicken
- Easy Skinny Arroz con Pollo
- Easy Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!