Easy Mexicali Soup
Enjoy a heaping bowl of this hearty and comforting Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup!! With a few ingredients dinner is ready in 30 minutes, or less.
Servings 6 – 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 inch chicken breasts cut into 1 pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups tomatoes Mexican-style
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup canned black beans rinse
- 1/2 tsp . chili powder
- 1 cups – 2 cooked rice
- 1 ripe fresh Hass avocado halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese sheered (optional)
- leaves Fresh cilantro for garnishing chopped
• Heat the oil in a large saucepot over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, beans and chili powder. Simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
• Stir in cooked rice and half of the avocado.
• Divide soup among bowls.
• Top with cheese, if using, more cubed avocado and chopped fresh cilantro.