Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Hass Avocado Board, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.
Enjoy a heaping bowl of this hearty and comforting Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup!! With a few ingredients dinner is ready in 30 minutes, or less.
The calendar made fall official, but let me tell you…the weather is a little crazy around here!! Some days are still sunny and warm, deserving of summer’s every last hooray. And some days are cool and crisp, perfect for a hot and delicious soup. So we’re letting the weather rule what we will eat.
Today, it’s a soup kind of day!! YAY. So I decided to work on an Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup that would make all my avocado and Mexican cuisine lovers very happy. There’s no better way to transition from summer to fall than with this Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup.
This Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup is everything you hoped for and more. It’s hearty, comforting, and chock full of goodness. It’s fabulous when served with a corn bread, or even corn chips, if you prefer.
The biggest selling point is how easy this Avocado Mexicali Soup comes together. Basically, just throw everything into a pot and dinner is ready in 30 minutes! If you have some leftover chicken even better, the cooking time will reduce to 15- 20 minutes.
I am featuring in this recipe one of my favorite ingredients to cook with: Hass Avocados. I really love Avocados, because they are full of goodness: naturally good fats, nutrient-dense, they can act as a booster to help your body absorb fat-soluble nutrients from the foods eaten with them, but most importantly … they are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S! Don’t miss the $200 Gift Card giveaway at the end of this post.
Want more Avocado nutritional facts?? ↓ ↓ ↓
Check out the video to see just how easy it is to make this Mexicali Soup ↓ ↓ ↓
Time to get your soup on.
Happy soup making!!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 inch chicken breasts cut into 1 pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups tomatoes Mexican-style
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup canned black beans rinse
- 1/2 tsp . chili powder
- 1 cups – 2 cooked rice
- 1 ripe fresh Hass avocado halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese sheered (optional)
- leaves Fresh cilantro for garnishing chopped
• Heat the oil in a large saucepot over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, beans and chili powder. Simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
• Stir in cooked rice and half of the avocado.
• Divide soup among bowls.
• Top with cheese, if using, more cubed avocado and chopped fresh cilantro.
Thanks to our friends at HASS AVOCADO BOARD one lucky Mommy’s Home Cooking reader will win a $200 GIFT CARD. To enter just follow the prompts in the automated entry form below.