Buttermilk Salad Dressing
This Buttermilk Salad Dressing is quick, simple, creamy and epically delicious!! Perfect to dress coleslaw, mixed greens, cold pasta salads, steamed broccoli or asparagus spears, as a dip for crunchy vegetables, chips, or sweet potato fries. So much better than any store-bought dressing.
Servings 10 servings - 2 1/2 cups of dressing
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
If consistency is too thick, thin out dressing with a splash of additional buttermilk.
Use eggless mayo if you are egg intolerant or allergic.
5 Twists You Can Apply to This Recipe:
If you are looking more salad dressing recipe check out my Raspberry Vinaigrette and Maple Vinaigrette.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on products used.
- Blue Cheese: Add 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese.
- Greek: Add 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped dill.
- Herbs: Add 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley and/or cilantro
- Spicy: Add a tablespoon of hot sauce and/or use cayenne pepper instead of black pepper.
- Caesar: Add 2 minced garlic cloves and minced anchovy fillets.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 407mg | Potassium: 57mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.1mg