Hola & Welcome to my Eggless Kitchen!
I’m Oriana, the face behind Mommy’s Home Cooking. I’m a wife, mother of three, recipe developer, photographer, and food stylist, a well-known lover of easy recipes, and a full-time eggless recipes food blogger living in Virginia.
I’ve been in the kitchen since I can remember. From a very young age, I watched my mom and family members work their magic to create delicious dishes, and since then, I have been in love with food. I have a true passion for creating recipes that the whole family can enjoy without complications and without spending a fortune.
I was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, where food goes far beyond just feeding the family. Food is an essential element of my culture, presenting love and tradition…values I’m committed to passing down to my kids.
When I’m not in the kitchen, I love traveling, going to the beach, and experiencing life with my family. I also like to indulge in my mild Netflix addiction from time to time.
About Mommy’s Home Cooking
I started this blog in the summer of 2011. At that time, I visualized it as a way to document all my fears, experiences, and feelings during this wonderful journey called motherhood. Over time, my blog has evolved, and now I use it to share eggless recipes. That is why Mommyhood’s Diary became Mommy’s Home Cooking in June 2016. Then, in November 2022, Mommy’s Home Cooking partnered with Treasure Hunter Media to grow and reach a larger audience.
Mommy’s Home Cooking has become a trusted resource for food lovers who have an egg allergy, egg intolerance, or ran out of eggs but still want to make something delicious.
Why Eggless Recipes?
In 2013, our family faced a pivotal moment when my youngest daughter, Victoria, was diagnosed with a severe egg allergy. It was a tough realization, particularly for me, as Victoria was too young to grasp the implications.
Suddenly, our family dynamics shifted. Breakfast, once a cherished mealtime, became a puzzle without the familiar staples of pancakes, waffles, and scrambled eggs. Special occasions like birthdays and school parties took on a new challenge – imagine celebrating without cake or cupcakes!
Living with an egg allergy posed unexpected hurdles. It seemed eggs were everywhere, hiding in everyday ingredients like Parmesan cheese. It was a constant reminder of the limitations this allergy brought into our lives.
Determined to ensure Victoria never felt excluded or restricted because of her allergy, I embarked on a culinary journey of cooking and baking without eggs. Over the years, I’ve crafted and perfected numerous eggless recipes that have not only enriched our family meals but have also brought joy and satisfaction to countless others facing similar challenges.
Now, I’m thrilled to share these creations with you, hoping they’ll become invaluable additions to your family’s table, just as they have for mine. Let’s embrace the possibilities and make every meal a celebration of inclusion and flavor. Welcome to a world of eggless delights!
What to Expect
When you step into Mommy’s Home Cooking, you’ll find a treasure trove of easy and approachable recipes designed to make every mealtime a joyous occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or whipping up a quick weeknight dinner, my recipes are tried and true, tested until they’re perfect. And don’t worry – I’m all about simplicity, so you’ll only find instructions that are clear and easy to follow, using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Here Are Six Reasons Why You Can Trust My Recipes
- Tried and True: Each recipe on Mommy’s Home Cooking has been meticulously tested and perfected until it meets my high standards of flavor and reliability. I don’t settle for anything less than delicious perfection.
- 12+ Years of Experience: With over a decade of experience in cooking and baking with food allergies, I’ve honed my skills and deeply understood what makes a great recipe. You can count on my expertise to guide you through every step of the cooking process.
- Allergy-Friendly: As someone who has navigated food allergies for over 12 years, I understand the importance of creating safe and inclusive dishes for everyone at the table. My recipes are carefully crafted to accommodate various dietary needs without sacrificing flavor or quality.
- Proven in the Bakery: Many of my dessert recipes have been put to the ultimate test in my bakery, where they’ve delighted customers time and time again. You can trust that each sweet treat has been perfected to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
- Simple Instructions: I believe that cooking should be enjoyable and accessible to everyone, which is why I strive to provide clear and easy-to-follow instructions in each recipe. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, you’ll find my recipes easy to understand and execute.
- Passion and Dedication: Cooking is not just a job for me – it’s my passion. I care deeply about sharing delicious and reliable recipes with my audience, and I’m dedicated to making every recipe the best it can be. When you cook with me, you’re cooking with someone who truly loves what they do.
A Little Bit More About Me
- I was taught from a young age that food could bring people together.
- I’m the eldest of four children.
- I met my husband very young; we have been together for over 30 years. We have three kids, two grandsons, and one fur-baby.
- I’m a self-taught cook and baker, so everything I know today I’ve learned through research and trial and error.
- We have been living with food allergies since 2013.
- I care deeply about making every recipe the best it can be, so I test my recipes as many times as necessary until I’m satisfied.
- My family and I love the beach, so every chance we get, we grab our umbrella, put on the flip-flops, and head to the beach, even if it’s just for a couple of hours.
- I like crappy shows like The Real Housewife and am not ashamed.
Ryan is a freelance writer & real-talk journalist who writes about food, restaurants, hospitality, and sports.
Leah is an acclaimed baker, instructor, and author now living in Colorado, USA. As the owner of Le Petit Croissant, Leah supplies handmade French pastries to local shops and special events, runs a thriving farmer’s market booth, and offers classes whenever her busy schedule permits. Her 2016 French Brunch At Home cookbook sold out within a year. Since she now lives in the foothills of the stunning Rocky Mountains at an altitude of 7,000 feet, Leah has also mastered the art and science of baking at high altitudes.
Blogging opened up a whole new world for me. Now I can also see the world through a lens. I am constantly learning and trying out new things. My first camera (my husband gave it to me as a Christmas gift) was a Canon T2i, then a Canon 70D, and I now use a Canon 5D Mark III. My favorite lenses are the Canon EF 100 mm f/2.8, Canon EF 24-70 mm f/2.8, and Canon EF 50mm f/1.4.
Please don’t use my photos without permission. If you want to learn more about my Policy of Use of recipes and photos, click here.
Keep in Touch!
Do you have a question? Or just want to say hello? I’d love to hear from you!
Send an email to oriana at mommyshomecooking dot com, or reach out to me on social media.
Work with Me
I love collaborating with brands that share the same values as me! If you are interested in a partnership, send an email to oriana at mommyshomecooking dot com.
We are not accepting guest posts!