Egg Bacon and Potato Breakfast Bake – This easy breakfast casserole is overflowing with eggs, cheese, bacon, and hash browns. And it can be easily made the night before too!
For our family, breakfasts during weekends are important. I usually try to prepare something special since it’s the only chance we have to sit at the table with a little (not much) time to share.
This past weekend I prepared this new egg, bacon, and potato bake casserole recipe, and it was a BIG success!!!
Everyone loved it. The combination of potatoes, the creaminess of the cheese, and the crunchy vegetables make this dish a true delight. The best part? It does not have to be only for weekends because you can make it at night, refrigerate and have it ready for baking early in the morning. It takes a good 40 minutes or so to be done, so plan ahead.
This is not an eggless recipe! I used to make this recipe before my daughter was diagnosed with egg and nut allergies. If you’re looking for eggless recipes, click here to browse.
Egg, Bacon and Potato Breakfast Bake
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 8×8 square baking dish with oil or butter.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate and reserve.
- Add the onion, red pepper and mushrooms to the pan drippings in the same skillet; sauté until vegetables are fragrant and soft , about 4 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and cook 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly and whisk in the milk. Add the remaining teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Stir in the cheese, frozen hash brown, the bacon and vegetables mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or the eggs are cooked through and set.
- Serve immediately with potato cakes and biscuits.