These tangy and savory Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms are a super simple side dish or appetizer! Just 5 ingredients, and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Hello from paradise!!
I just took a quick break from sitting on the beach and sipping on piña coladas to stop by and say hello. Life is nothing but wonderful right now. We are having a blast. Kids LOVE the beach – who doesn’t, right? – but they get very tired and fussy, though. So we decided to take a midday break, go to our room, and cool off for a bit. Of course, I use that little break to check emails and work a little. I promise I tried to unplug from work, but I just can’t! There is too much going on right now.
So now that you know that our vacation is going great I can share a wonderful recipe I prepared a few days ago: Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms!!
Since my whole family loves mushrooms I couldn’t resist making this amazing recipe. We are used to eating mushrooms in every way possible but one of our favorites is “Champiñones al ajillo”, also known as garlic mushrooms. A light bulb came on in my head and I decided to give this traditional recipe a little twist by adding Kikkoman teriyaki sauce. Starting as a simple mixture of soy sauce and spices, teriyaki has been popular since it was first created in Japan.
If you love mushrooms like us, you can literally pair these Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms with anything or even better, put them on top of everything – steak, chicken, potatoes, rice, etc. And when I tell you that this Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms recipe is perfect as a side dish, I am not exaggerating. Not only they are super delicious but they are extremely easy.
What I decided to do this time was make Thyme Goat Cheese Bruschetta and I placed the mushrooms on top. And let me tell you something, it tastes magnificent. The flavors explode in your mouth – in a ‘yes please’ kind of way.
These Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms and thyme Goat cheese Bruschetta would also be perfect for a summer gathering or a family reunion. Undoubtedly, your guest will be asking you for the recipe and they will not be able to stop thinking about your amazing mushrooms.
Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz mushrooms wiped clean and sliced
- 4 tablespoons – 5 Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- Add oil and garlic to a large skillet. Cook garlic for 2 -3 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Please be careful because garlic burn very quickly.
- Add the mushrooms and mix well until everything is well incorporated. Add the teriyaki sauce and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are tender. Taste and add salt and/or pepper if necessary.
- Add the parsley, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot as a side dish or appetizer.
- Thyme goat cheese: mix 4 oz goat cheese, 2 oz cream cheese, and 1/4 cup freshly chopped thyme. Add a tablespoon of olive oil over the cheese mixture when serving, if desired.