These 20- Minute Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs are perfect when you want a fast, family-friendly meal in a jiffy. These are crazy good and so easy. Serve over your favorite bowl of rice, quinoa, or steamed veggies.
Meatballs are one of my favorite foods to cook, they are really versatile and can be packed with so much flavor. Plus, my kids eat them without complains. If that’s not a win-win situation, I’m not sure what is! Not to mention, they are perfectly easy to portion, which it’s very important this time of the year, when most of us are trying to watch what we eat.
These Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs fit perfectly my new year’s resolutions: simplify my life and eat healthier.
They look amazing, huh? I promise they taste as good as they look. And have no fear, because today’s recipe is pretty much healthy, only 325 calories per serving, yet still completely delicious and full of all your favorite Asian flavors.
My kids can’t get enough of these meatballs. Even my meat-loving husband who isn’t the biggest fan of ground turkey loved them.
So simple, and you can save so many calories just swapping out the ground beef for Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, which is one of the leanest ground turkey you can find out there, all natural, 99 percent fat free with no gluten.
As you probably already know, the Instant Pot is all the rage. Many people I know got theirs during the holidays so I decided it was time for to understand all the praise and rave reviews I read for months. Since I bought it, I’ve been playing with it and testing it with all kinds of recipes.
I love it.
Well, it is a seven-gadgets-in-one appliance. It means that it does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and warming pot. Plus, this pot can cook anything in record time.
This is that super quick and delicious recipe every family needs.
Easy, quick, delicious, and perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 5 saltine crackers, crushed (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk (see notes)
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, crushed crackers, buttermilk, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Gently shape into 16- 18 meatballs.
- Combine teriyaki sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the Instant Pot in sauté mode. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the meatballs, about 2 minutes per side. When brown add the teriyaki sauce, cover and lock the lid. Cook high pressure 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the pot and allow it to release pressure naturally. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice or quinoa.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!