This Eggless Cornbread recipe is just the BEST! It has a super moist, tender crumb that is not dry at all. Made with simple ingredients this effortless cornbread is ready in 30 minutes!
THE BEST Eggless Cornbread Recipe
Today we’re talking about THE BEST and Easiest Eggless Cornbread recipe!
My family really love cornbread, especially my little guy who likes to eat it plain with feta cheese. What can I say? He inherited our taste for the sweet and salty combo.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST EGGLESS CORNBREAD
- It’s made in ONE BOWL
- Simple ingredients
- No mixer required
- Prep time less than 10 minutes
- It’s Moist, not too crumbly, with crunchy crisp edges
- It can be made in either a skillet or baking dish. Baking cornbread in a skillet gives it an even heartier, crunchy crust.
- Versatile! Check out my add-ins ideas below to jazz up your cornbread
- Freezer friendly
Simple ingredients yield rich, moist cornbread in this effortless recipe that’s oven-ready in less than ten minutes! The texture is hearty just like a good cornbread should be.
I am so happy to add a cornbread recipe to favorites in my eggless collection.
HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD WITHOUT EGGS
Instead of eggs, I use yogurt to keep the cornbread moist and fluffy. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then, make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, and buttermilk. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining. Avoid over-mixing. Pour batter into prepared skillet or baking pan. Bake according to recipe instructions.
HOW TO STORE CORNBREAD
Wrap leftovers up tightly and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
CAN YOU FREEZE CORNBREAD?
Yes! You can freeze baked cornbread for up to 3 months. Wrap leftovers up tightly with plastic wrap and then with foil. Place wrapped cornbread in a plastic freezing bag and seal well. THAW: Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat up in the microwave or in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 10 minutes.
VARIATION YOU CAN APPLY TO THIS RECIPE
This recipe can be easily jazz-up! Add-ins Ideas:
- 1 chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries and
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
WHAT GOES WITH CORNBREAD?
BEST Eggless Cornbread
- 1 cup (120g) yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup (60g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup plain yogurt at room temperature (see notes)
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, at room temperature (see notes)
- ½ cup bacon crumbles (optional add-in)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet or round cake pan well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, and buttermilk. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining. Avoid over-mixing. Pour batter into prepared skillet or baking pan. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles, if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and the center is cooked through, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Edges should be slightly crispy.
- Allow to slightly cool before slicing and serving. Serve cornbread with honey, butter, jam, or whatever your heart desire.
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever
- Eggless Pancakes
- Eggless Waffles
- BEST Eggless French Toast
- Eggless Red Velvet Cake
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- More recipes...
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!