These delicious Eggless Gingerbread Scones are filled with holiday flavors! They’re perfect for breakfast, brunch, or served with tea.
Happy Thanksgiving week!!
With Thanksgiving just a couple of days ago, it’s safe to say the holidays are in full swing. I’m still in complete denial. And just to give you an idea about how severe it is, last night my husband and I went to the grocery store to get a few things and when we were checking out the cashier said: Thanksgiving shopping? To which I replied: Nope! He couldn’t hide his surprise, I think he even rolled his eyes and said: you better get it done soon! Yeah-Yeah… I will!! LOL
Sigh. I think my denial about Thanksgiving is because I’m super focused on Christmas. As I mentioned before, we’re going to have a full house. That makes me a little nervous. It seems daunting to have so many people with different personalities under the same roof; however, we’re optimistic!!
So to sweeten things up I plan to make many desserts and everyone will be happy as a clam!
Drumroll, please … meet my Eggless Gingerbread Scones!!!
These melt-in-your-mouth moist and tender scones are amazing!! The subtle gingerbread flavor is perfect for this time of the year. They’re delicious all on their own, but pair them with a cup of tea for complete perfection.
This time to make the scones I used SPLENDA® Sugar Blend instead of regular sugar. Which fits me like a glove because my father-in-law is diabetic, meaning I’m going to need to bake with way less or zero sugar during their visit. I love how they turned out. Believe me… you can’t notice the difference!
They’re darn tasty.
Happy Thanksgiving and … ¡Buen provecho!
Eggless Gingerbread Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Sugar Blend (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, baking powder, salt, gingerbread spice, and nutmeg.
- Add the cold diced butter and using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate small bowl whisk with a fork the heavy cream, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined.
- Create a small well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the cream mixture into the well, and stir with a fork until the dough comes together. Toss in the pecans and mix gently to incorporate.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Form into a disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll dough into a circle, about 3/4 of an inch thick. Use a round cookie, or biscuit, cutter to cut out about 12 scones, reshaping the dough as needed and using scraps to form new rounds of dough. Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop your tray into your fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Brush the scones with heavy cream and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the vanilla glaze: Mix the ingredients in a small bowl until reaching the desired consistency and smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over scones and serve.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!
This recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplendaHoliday #CollectiveBias