These Instant Pot Mojo Chicken Tacos are deliciously inspired by the flavors of the Cuban Mojo. Tender, juicy, and bold-flavored chicken, wrapped in a warmed corn tortilla…These tacos are a taste of paradise any day of the week!
Instant Pot Mojo Chicken Recipe
Do you love tacos as much as I do?? I hope you do. Because today we’re kicking off the day with an easy and EPIC weeknight dinner: Instant Pot Mojo Chicken Tacos!!!
If you visit my blog frequently you might notice that Mexican food is clearly at the top of my food-loving list. So when I was brainstorming for this recipe, I knew I wanted to do a taco. I also wanted to use chicken because I know you love my chicken recipes. Of course, it had to be easy and quick, so the Instant Pot entered the equation.
Taco + Cuban+ Chicken+ Quick and Easy = Instant Pot Mojo Chicken Tacos!!!
You’ll love this Mojo Chicken, so refreshing, so bright, so full of flavor! I’ll definitely be doing this one over and over again.
So, so, soo good, Y’all.
How to Make Cuban Mojo
Mojo is the Spanish name for many Latin sauces made with citrus juice, vinegar, or/and garlic. In Venezuela, we have a similar sauce called Cilantro Mojo that can be used as a condiment or a marinade for meat or vegetables.
The Cuban mojo is mostly used to marinate pork and it’s made with oil (or pork lard) orange juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, and salt. The orange juice they use is called bitter orange (naranja agria), but since I didn’t have it I add some lime juice.
Now please realize that I’m not claiming that this is the authentic way to make Cuban mojo, so if you’re an expert on Cuban cuisine, please don’t judge. I basically just adjusted this up in order to use ingredients I had in my pantry, so this is my version of Cuban mojo: with olive oil, fresh lime juice, orange juice. Check the recipe card below for quantities.
After you whip up the mojo you just need to combine everything in the Instant Pot and let it do its magic.
But this Mojo Chicken is not just for tacos, you can make burritos, sandwiches, wraps, arepas, enchiladas … The possibilities are endless!
There is so much darn FLAVOR in this chicken that I didn’t want to add too many toppings, just onion, and avocado. Of course, you can also add a drizzle of hot sauce if you like the heat.
Looking for More Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Cuban Pulled Pork
- Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff Meatballs
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Barbecue Ribs
- Instant Pot Mexican Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Mojo Chicken Tacos
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
For the Mojo:
- 8 – 12 Corn Tortillas
- ½ cup red onion , finely diced
- 1 avocado , sliced
- Place chicken breasts in the instant pot.
- In a small bowl whisk together all mojo ingredients. Pour mojo over the chicken.
- Secure the lid to the instant pot and set for 20 minutes on “Poultry” mode.
- When the time is over, let the pressure release on its own, this will take about 8-10 minutes. If you are short on time you can also do a quick release, just carefully open the valve and allow the steam to release. Carefully turn the vent to “Venting,” just to release any extra pressure that might still be in there. Then remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- To crisp up mojo chicken: Preheat oven broil. Transfer shredded chicken, with all the juices, to a large baking sheet. Broil for 5 – 8 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately in tacos with chopped onion and sliced avocado, or store for later use.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own. Thanks for reading and supporting my partners which allow me to create new and special content like this for you.