These No Bake Protein Bars are easy to make at home, super tasty, and much more affordable than store-bought. A quick little “merienda” or snack, neatly wrapped and ready to go.
Back to school is finally around the corner!! That means back to routine for me -I’m so ready!!- and it’s also time to start thinking about snacks and school lunches. For food allergy families, like us, back to school is both an exciting and stressful time of year because we have to ensure that all the food our child eats while in school is safe for them.
There are many allergy-friendly snacks I can buy, but definitely, I prefer to make everything from scratch. That way I can be 100% in control of what is in it. One of my go-to snacks is protein/energy bars. They are incredibly delicious and filling. Win Win.
Confession time: Lately, I have been a little obsessed with protein/energy bars!
When it comes to protein/energy bars I love to try different combinations, flavors, and textures. They are super easy and quick to make. They are convenient, a quick little “merienda” or snack neatly wrapped and ready to go.
To make the bars fun and visually appealing for my kids I added some M&M’s chocolate candies. The kiddos found them irresistible and gave them plenty to ooh and aah over.
These bars are perfect for school lunches or as a merienda (snack). Back home, we call merienda to anything we eat between meals. That means that we eat one merienda while in the school, and then one more in the afternoon. Whenever you decide to eat them, they will put a smile in your face.
Easy to make at home, super tasty, and much more affordable than store-bought. For on-the-go convenience, use parchment paper pieces to wrap individual bars.
These No Bake Protein Bars are easy to make at home, super tasty, and much more affordable than store-bought. A quick little "merienda" or snack, neatly wrapped and ready to go.
- 1 cups old fashioned regular rolled oats
- 1 cup rice puff cereal or quinoa puff
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup M&M's chocolate candies of your preference
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, puffed rice, almonds, pistachios, cranberries, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, and M&M's. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Stir brown rice syrup, honey, salt and vanilla together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Let the syrup boil until it reaches about 260 degrees, stirring occasionally, about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour syrup evenly over the almond mixture and very quickly stir the mixture until it is evenly coated with the syrup.
Quickly transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish. Using the bottom of greased/sprayed drinking glass, or a measuring cup, to tap and compact mixture into pan in an even layer. Place the pan in the refrigerator until firm, about 15-20 minutes.
- When firm, carefully lift up the parchment paper from the baking dish and transfer it to a cutting board. Cut the bars into your desired sizes.
- To store transfer bars to an airtight storage container with parchment paper between layers. For on-the-go convenience, use parchment paper pieces to wrap individual bars.
- The bars will last up to 7 days. May refrigerate to extend storage. If you like less sticky bars I recommend that you keep them in the refrigerator. May be frozen as well.
For on-the-go convenience, use parchment paper pieces to wrap individual bars.
Looking for more snack ideas?
- Pumpkin Quinoa Granola
- Easy Frozen Banana Pops
- Dulce de Leche Chocolate Bark
- Coconut Apricot Granola
- Healthy Eggless Energy Bars
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!