They’re sweet. They’re spicy. They’re finger licking good! These Spicy and Sweet Baked Chipotle Chicken Wings are perfect for entertaining a crowd!
Here I am, trying to overcome my trauma that November is here and the holiday rollercoaster is about to begin. Lately, the days feel like they are flying by. Not to mention that we have less daylight, which means a less productive day for me. Therefore, I am trying to plan ahead to avoid feeling overwhelmed with my long to-do list.
Hence, I am committed to not let the holidays overshadow the football season. To be completely honest, and unlike my husband, I am very indifferent about football so my way to pretend that it matters to me is cooking. So if you are looking for a great recipe to enjoy Sunday’s football, you have come to the right place.
These Spicy and Sweet Baked Chipotle Chicken Wings are perfect for game day!!!
Since my husband has developed a taste for spicy food. I decided to combine some flavors, including La Morena, and the final result was delicious. Yeap, finger licking delicious!!
La Morena chipotle chili peppers in adobo are made only with the best chipotle chili peppers, then seasoned with the traditional recipe to offer the highest quality product with the best flavor.
The hot chipotle sauce bakes right into the meat, infusing it completely. The addition of Coca Cola to the sauce creates a sweet, caramel flavor, perfectly offset by the spiciness of the chipotle chili peppers in adobo.
The best part about these wings is that they are baked, not fried, which is a big plus. Everybody is happy. The guys eat something scrumptious and I don’t feel bad about feeding them not so healthy food.
I’m telling you! These oven-baked wings are just as sticky, and just as addictive as the deep-fried version.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to resume eating these wings. Until next time!!
They're sweet. They're spicy. They're finger licking good! These Spicy and Sweet Baked Chipotle Chicken Wings are perfect for entertaining a crowd!
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Coca Cola zero
- 2-3 tablespoon La Morena chipotle in abodo, puréed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leave (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wired rack on top and spray it with oil.
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towel.
- Place cumin, salt, paprika and baking powder in a gallon sized bag. Shake the bag to combine. Add chicken and shake again to coat it evenly with the seasoning.
- Place seasoned chicken over the wired rack and spray with oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through and golden brown and crispy.
In the meantime, make the wing sauce. Place a medium saucepan, over medium heat, the Coca Cola, puréed chipotle peppers, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, and soy sauce; mix to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in cornstarch, and cook until thickened. Set aside.
- Baste both sides of the chicken generously with the wing sauce and bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, if using, and lime wedges. Serve hot.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MejoresRecetas #CollectiveBias