I love this frosting…it’s so good and easy to make!
Seriously, It’s so easy that you won’t need to buy store frosting again!
As Thanksgiving is only three days away, I thought it would be a nice idea to decorate these cupcakes as pumpkins. Certainly, they are going to give my table a different and special touch and the kids will love them.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 plain cupcakes. Recipe here
- 3-4 drops of orange food coloring
- 1 cup of orange sugar
- 12 pieces small of pretzel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla extract until smooth. You can add a little more of sugar or a few more teaspoons of milk, as necessary, to achieve the ideal consistency.
- Add the food coloring and mix well.
- Top cupcakes with the frosting and then roll them over the orange sugar. Place a small pieces of pretzel in the middle.
If you do not like the buttery taste the solution is beat the butter at least 15 minutes until it looks almost like a foam.