This Easy Eggless Soft Sugar Cookies recipe turns out perfect every time and the cookies stay soft for days! They’re soft, thick, and buttery and super easy to make.
Eggless Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you; I could hardly wait. Meet my Easy Eggless Soft Sugar Cookies.
Everyone needs a great soft sugar cookie recipe. This simple and easy recipe turns out perfect every time and the cookies stay soft for days.
These Easy Eggless Soft Sugar Cookies are soft, thick, and buttery!
If you are like me and love a soft buttery cookie you MUST try this recipe. And make sure to grab one while you can because these are definitely going to disappear fast!
How to make sugar cookies without eggs?
- You’re going to start creaming your butter and sugar until pale in colour. Make sure the butter is softened. That’s the key to make your cookies fluffy.
- Then add cream cheese (to substitute the eggs) and vanilla. The cream cheese is the secret ingredient to make your eggless sugar cookies soft and tender.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combine. Do not over mix. Chill the dough for 1 hour up to 2 days. Then roll, bake and enjoy!!!
TIPS TO MAKE Eggless Soft Sugar Cookies
When making cookies I like to use European style butter, such Kerrygold, President or Land O Lakes® Extra Creamy Unsalted Butter (European style) for extra buttery flavor and fluffiness, but any butter will work fine.
Use a scale to measure out your ingredients.
Do not overmix the dough or cookies could come out tough. After adding the flour mix until just combine and then use your hands to bring the dough together.
Chill the Cookie Dough: Chilling cookie dough helps prevent spreading. The colder the dough, the less the cookies are likely to over-spread.
Don’t care too much about the baking time! The reason for this is because every oven is different, so the cookies are done when the edges are set and lightly browned.
HOW TO DECORATE SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
Roll the dough in sprinkles: for a fun twist roll the dough balls in sprinkles (step 6) before baking. Use any color you like!
Buttercream Frosting: this is my family favorite! You can tint the buttercream according to the occasion, red for Valentine’s Day, green for San Patrick’s day, Pastel colors for Easter or Mother’s Day, Black or Orange for Halloween, etc.…Your imagination is the limit!
EXTRA TIP: when decorating cookies with buttercream frosting, refrigerate for 5 – 10 minutes after frosting so the buttercream hardens a little.
Eggless Royal Icing: if you want an icing that hardens, the eggless royal icing is the best option.
Of course, always, LOTS of sprinkles!
Easy Eggless Soft Sugar Cookies
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. Add cream cheese and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together and is combined. Do not over mix.
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Once chilled, preheat your oven to 350°F (180° C), then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. The number of batches will depend on how large/small you want your cookies.
- Roll the cookies into 1 tablespoon balls. Place the dough balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet and press down with the palm of your hand to create a 1/4-inch-thick cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until very lightly colored on top and around the edges. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
Make the Icing:
- Make the buttercream icing while the cookies cool down. You can use store-bought icing if you prefer.
- Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Eggless Thumbprint Cookies
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
- Venezuelan Polvorosas Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Eggless Peanut Butter Halloween Cookies
- Easy Palmiers Recipe (Elephant Ear Cookies or Palmeritas) (Video)
- Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies
- Eggless Dulce de Leche Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!