These Eggless Sugar Cookies are tender, buttery, keep their shape when baked, and yes, taste amazing, too. Serve them with or without icing and watch them disappear right before your eyes!
Since, ‘tis officially cookie baking season I am sharing my favorite Eggless Sugar Cookies This recipe is simple, straightforward, and downright delicious.
Sugar cookies are a favorite at every holiday party, birthday, or any occasion that requires a sweet, melt-in-your-mouth treat and they will be the start of your table whether dressed simply with frosting, and sprinkles, or frosted with royal icing.
These Eggless Sugar Cookies are tender, buttery, keep their shape when baked, and yes, taste amazing, too.
TIP AND TRICK TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIES:
- Always refrigerate the cookie dough before and after cutting them. If it gets too warm it’ll be challenging to cut out and move to baking sheets.
- The best way, in my opinion, to roll out the dough is over a big piece of parchment paper. If parchment paper is not an option a well-floured work surface will also work.
- Try to roll out the dough evenly, no thinner than a 1/8 of an inch.
- Gather any scraps and reroll the dough, but no more than twice. After that, the dough will become too tough.
- If you don’t have cookie cutterS use a wide-mouth glass jar or cup.
LOOKING FOR MORE COOKIE RECIPES?
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
- Venezuelan Polvorosas Cookies
- Eggless Shortbread Cookies
So, let’s start off this season with a cheerful bang and bake a batch of sugar cookies to share with family, friend, neighbors, and school teachers.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt and set aside.
- Into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until well combined, about 3 minutes. Add cream cheese and until well combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and beat just until incorporated and the dough starts to come together.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and divide in half. Shape each half into a disk, then wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Over a big piece of parchment paper, or on a lightly floured surface roll out the dough disk about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into desired shapes, place at least 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Gather up the dough scraps and form into a disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Then roll out and cut again. Repeat step 6.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let them sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Then move to complete cooling on wire rack.
- Serve as is or decorate with royal icing as desired.
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Times does not include refrigeration time.
Click here for Eggless Royal Icing Recipe.
Cookie dough can be made 5 days ahead and refrigerated.
Cookies can be baked 2 days ahead and stored at room temperature.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!