This Easy Palmiers recipe, made with just 2 ingredients, is one of my family’s all-time favorite treats! Perfect to share with family and friends during “Cafecito“ time.
This post has been sponsored by NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™. All thoughts and opinions are my own. NESCAFE® and CLÁSICO™ are trademarks owned by Société des Pro des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland.”
I can’t tell you how many times this Easy Palmiers recipe has saved me when unexpected visitors knock at my door. Palmiers, Elephant Ear Cookies or Palmeritas as we call them, are really the easiest treat you can ever make.
They are made with puff pastry and sugar. Yep…just two ingredients! You can use homemade puff pastry, which I never do, or simplify your life by using the super convenient store-bought version. Tip: when buying pre-made puff pastry dough, make sure that it’s made with just butter, not shortening or other oils.
It’s kind of silly to write out a whole post on these when they’re really so easy to make. However, every time I bring Palmeritas to a party, someone asks me how I made them, so I thought I’d share this recipe.
If you want to be creative, you can add other fillings like chopped nuts, dried fruit, lemon zest, cinnamon, or even make them salty by adding salt and black pepper, pesto or shredded Parmesan cheese.
Now let’s talk about the ideal accompaniment for these flaky, buttery and irresistible Palmeritas!
In my family, coffee is serious business. Seriously, I have never met people who like coffee more than my family. So, when I know they’ll come to visit, I stop by my local Walmart and stock up on NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ and milk.
NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ is my family fave coffee. It is 100% pure coffee, made from a blend of selected coffee beans, and carefully roasted to capture its full flavor and aroma. NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ is an essential part of our traditional family “cafecito” time. Its bold taste and flavorful aroma are something that reminds us of home.
So next time you go to Walmart, make sure to grab some NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ and all the ingredients to make these delicious cookies. Your family and friends will thank you. And don’t forget to use this Ibotta offer to save some money.
One of the things that I enjoy the most when I make these cookies is that my children love to help me. When the cookies come out of the oven, they cannot believe that those cute cookies were made by them.
My daughter LOVES to shape the palmeritas one at the time.
5 tips to work with Puff Pastry
- Keep the dough in the freezer until ready to use.
- Thaw your frozen puff pastry in the fridge overnight.
- If you see any cracks or holes, use your fingers to gently squeeze the pastry back together.
- Puff pastry is kind of delicate so do NOT roll out too hard or it won’t puff as much. To prevent sticking, roll puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface using a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Chill the pastry again before baking to help the butter re-solidify and get an even better result.
These Easy Palmiers are so delicious that you’ll be making them monthly, weekly… ummmm, daily.
Happy cooking and baking!!! ?
Easy Palmiers Recipe (Palmeritas or Elephant Ear Cookies)
- ½ cup (100 gr) granulated sugar (see notes)
- ½ cup (100 gr) demerara sugar
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- Combine sugars in a small bowl.
- Pour ¼ cup of the sugar onto a flat surface.
- Unfold a sheet of puff pastry onto the sugar.
- Pour ¼ cup of the sugar mixture on top, spreading it evenly on the puff pastry. With your hands or a rolling pin, press down the dough until the sugar is pressed into the puff pastry on top and bottom.
- Starting from one of the long edges, roll the pastry up tightly to the center then repeat from the other side. Repeat with the other puff pastry sheet.
- Cut the pastry roll into 3/8-in slices. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the Palmiers are in the freezer, preheat oven to 400º F (200º C).
- Bake the cookies for 6 – 8 minutes until caramelized and brown on the bottom, then turn with a spatula and bake another 3 to 5 minutes until caramelized on the other side. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!