Arroz con Leche Flan is the result of the combination of two classics in one bite! It’s ultra-creamy, silky, and crazy delicious. You won’t be able to resist a second slice.
This Arroz con Leche Flan is insane! Two classic desserts—flan and Arroz con Leche—combine to make the ultimate sweet treat. It is so delicious that you’ll definitely be tempted to eat your desserts first.
These two classics are universally known Spanish desserts that are enjoyed in many Latin-American countries and are among my family’s top 5 all-time favorites.
It’s ultra-creamy, silky and although it may seem complicated to make, it is not at all. Far from boring, the caramel coats the whole succulent flan making it even more irresistible.
This impressive Arroz con Leche Flan will give your meal a showstopping finish that your guests won’t soon forget.
The result of the combination of arroz con leche and flan is one of the best, and drool-worthy, desserts you’ll ever make.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Arroz con Leche Flan
For the Arroz con Leche:
- 5 cup whole milk, warm
- 1 -2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 strips of lime zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup rice
- 7 oz La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk (half can)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
For the Flan:
- 6 eggs
- 14 oz (1 can) La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 14 oz whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Arroz con Leche:
- Heat, in a medium-size heavy saucepan, over medium heat 3 cups of milk, cinnamon stick, lime zest, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, uncovered. When it starts to boil reduce the heat to low, add rice and cook for 10 – 15 more minutes or until milk is almost evaporated.
- Continue adding milk, stirring constantly, 1/2 cup at the time. Wait to add more milk until the liquid has been almost completely absorbed by the rice. With the last ½ cup of milk also add the condensed milk; cook for 2 -3 minutes, or until it thickens to desired consistency. Be aware that as the rice cools it thickens.
- Turn off the heat. Add butter and stir to incorporate.
- Let cool uncovered.
- Add the sugar in a heavy-bottomed pot or pan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to prevent any burnt spots. If your caramel looks very lumpy and grainy, don’t worry. Just lower the heat and keep stirring until sugar dissolves and syrup turns deep amber.
- Very carefully pour caramel into the flan mold. Using oven mitts as aid, immediately tilt the mold to coat sides. Set aside and let it cool down for about 10 minutes, or until the caramel is hard.
- Put all flan ingredients in a blender and blend together until fully incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Place oven rack in the middle.
- In a large bowl, mix the (cold) arroz con leche and the flan mix.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared bundt pan covered with the caramel.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes in a Bain-marie, or until the flan is set. Set aside and let it cool.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Thank you to Nestlé® La Lechera® for sponsoring this post.