This Cranberry Honey Glazed Salmon is simple yet impressive, and tastes absolutely divine!! It’s zesty, sweet, savory, and flaky. It comes together in about 30 minutes.
I hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas day! We had a great time. Our home was full with family and friend, and when I say full, I mean FULL. At first, I thought of setting up the food buffet-style, but my husband wanted a sit-down meal, so we had to buy some extra chairs and an extension to our dinner table. To make a long story short, everything worked out fantastic.
Confession time: This of being a multicultural family is exhausting! We had Portuguese, Venezuelan, and of course, American food. And even though, I had a lot of help from my relatives, I still feel like I just ran a cooking marathon.
I am looking forward to a more relaxed menu for New Year Eve!
And this Cranberry Honey Glazed Salmon totally fits the bill. Easy and quick to make, and most importantly, full of flavor in every bite.
This Cranberry Honey Glazed Salmon comes together in about 30 minutes; it’s zesty, sweet, savory, and flaky.
We eat plenty of salmon around here, It’s not only super easy to prepare, but it’s also healthy and flavorful. This particular glaze is our favorite. The bourbon and cranberry juice provides a delicious tang that balances out the sweetness of honey. A bit of Paprika amps up the flavor profile, adding an irresistible smoky touch.
Have you heard about Peapod?
I always see their trucks passing through my neighborhood, but I had never tried his services until now. So when they offered me the possibility of trying their service I was immediately on board. After all, anything that makes my life easier is always welcome.
Peapod is AWESOME! I love the fact that I can save money and time by planning menus ahead, taking advantage of specials, and avoiding impulse buys.
It was quite surprising that delivery fees were about half the price of other grocery stores charges. And I can tell you that, the service they provide, It’s worth every penny.
PodPass, their subscription service, is available in 3, 6 and 12-month options. Customers pay one price for unlimited deliveries (orders must be a minimum of $100.00) within a set timeframe.
This Cranberry Honey Glazed Salmon is simple yet impressive, and tastes absolutely divine!!
It would make a phenomenal, NO-FUSS, meal for New Year’s Eve.
This Cranberry Honey Glazed Salmon is simple yet impressive, and tastes absolutely divine!! It's zesty, sweet, savory, and flaky. It comes together in about 30 minutes.
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 lb)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh cranberries (optional)
- Dill to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, soy sauce, cranberry juice, bourbon (if using), paprika, and garlic.
- Place the salmon filets in a large zipped-top bag. Pour half of this sauce over the salmon fillets, coating them thoroughly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Remove salmon fillets from the marinade and place them in the prepared baking sheet. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Discard the marinade.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze: Place the remaining marinade and fresh cranberries (if using) into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat low-medium and allow to simmer for 5 - 8 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced into a glaze.
- Remove salmon from oven and drizzle the glaze over the salmon.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
Looking for more salmon recipes?
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe originally posted on Dec 2018. Updated on October 2018.