These Cuban Quesadillas are ridiculously easy to make, delicious, and bursting with flavor! Perfect for an easy, NO-FUSS meal.
Cuban Quesadillas are always a big hit in our house! I love them because they’re ridiculously easy to make! Basically, quesadillas are tortillas stuffed with cheese, lots of cheese, and whatever else your heart desires – the sky’s the limit. Then pan-fried until the outside is crisp and the inside is melted and oozing. Believe me, It just doesn’t get any easier or more delicious than this!
As a quesadilla lover, I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy them. That is why I got very excited when Cacique invited me to check out their new microsite: Caciquedilla!! This site is full of techniques on how to make authentic quesadillas and great-tasting quesadilla recipe ideas.
These Cuban Quesadillas are not only delicious and bursting with flavor, but also easy to make and perfect for watching the big game this weekend.
This humble Cuban quesadilla, inspired by the famous Cuban sandwich, is made with ham, pulled pork, cheese, and pickles.
You all know that the authentic Cuban sandwich is made with roasted pork but since I was not going to roast a whole “Lechon” for this recipe, I decided to make Cuban pulled pork in my slow cooker. It was delicious, and most importantly, it saved me time and money. You can find the recipe below.
This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 4 flour tortillas or wheat tortillas (fajita size)
- 1 – 2 cups Cacique Manchego, shredded, (divided) (or more to taste)
- 4 slices dill pickles
- 2 cups Cuban pulled pork, (divided) (see notes)
- 4 slices thick-cut ham (divided)
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard (divided)
Make the Cuban Pulled Pork
- Prepare the Cuban Pulled Pork following the recipe here. You can make this in advance. Slow cooker and pressure cooker instructions included.
Make the Cuban Quesadillas
- Heat a skillet or large frying pan over a medium flame.
- Place a flour tortilla in the center of the hot skillet, add 2 tablespoons cheese in one-half of the tortilla. Top cheese with 1 pickle slice, 1/2 cup pulled pork, and ham. Evenly spread 1 teaspoon mustard over the ham. Top with 2 more tablespoons of cheese. Fold one side of the tortilla to the opposite end.
- Cook both sides until outside crisp and cheese has melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Carnitas
- Mexican Pork Tenderloin Adobo
- Instant Pot Crispy Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Pineapple Pork
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Cacique. However, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.