These lentil patties are eggless, healthy, easy to make, and delicious! Perfect when you only have 15 minutes to cook, but still want a hearty and satisfying meal.
Eggless Lentil Patties Recipe
I was planning on publishing this recipe for “Meatless Monday” but life got complicated and I couldn’t make it. So… please pretend that there is something like “Meatless Thursday”.
I’ve been pretty unproductive lately and it feels horrible.
It’s kind of ironic because when we decided I was going to work from home it sounded like a dream come true. No more commute or getting dressed up in the morning. I was going to be able to spend more time with family and scheduling my own time…what could be better?
Well… It’s not quite like that!
I mean. I still think that it was the right decision for us. I really really love what I do. And I know that as the kids get older things will improve. It’s just a matter of time. Then I’m going to complain that they are getting too independent hahaha. Human nature at its best I guess.
One thing I’m sure I’m never going to complain is about these super tasty, delicious and easy to make eggless lentil patties.
They turned out very tasty. Everyone liked them. They’re crunchy and golden-brown on the outside, tender on the inside, and with an earthy-nutty flavor. I have to admit that I didn’t expect them to be SO delicious!
These patties need some kind of binder in order to get well-formed and solid. I used a flax-egg because of my daughter’s egg allergy but you can use a regular egg if you don’t have any food restriction.
These patties are a great option for a weeknight-healthy dinner. They freeze beautifully. So you can make them during the weekend then freeze them for later use. So easy!
Serve them atop lettuce leaves, as here, or tucked into pita pockets.
Eggless Lentil Patties
- 1 cup cooked lentils, drained (see notes)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg - lightly beaten - or 1 flax egg if you are egg-restricted (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Greek yogurt sauce for serving (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place half of the mixture in a small food processor and process until it has a paste consistency. Combine with another half of the mixture.
- Use a 1/4 cup to divide the mixture. Using your hands form disks of approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Add a dollop of Greek sauce on top and serve with green, if desired.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!