This Festive Roasted Sweet Potato and Cranberry Salad is oh-so-good!! Simple ingredients, loads of flavor, but best of all, it’s easy to make.
This Festive Roasted Sweet Potato and Cranberry Salad is oh-so-good!!
Are you ready to celebrate Thanksgiving? I think this year I am in so much better place than previous years when It comes to planning. I already know what I am going to cook, and you can bet this Roasted Sweet Potato and Cranberry Salad will have a special place in my table.
When I first made this salad, it almost went unnoticed… Can you believe it? I knew my kids wouldn’t eat it because of the green onions, a.k.a “the green thing”, but as soon as my husband and I started digging into this colorful salad we couldn’t stop. We didn’t expect to get all excited over salad, but that’s what happened.
A few ingredients are all you’ll need…
This Roasted Sweet Potato and Cranberry Salad is a thrilling blend of flavors, textures and colors. The individual flavors of this salad go so well together, it is as if they were meant to meet.
It’s absolutely delicious and It will leave you feeling satisfied.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
Roasted Sweet Potato and Cranberry SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lb sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup green onions sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dry cranberry or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup queso fresco crumbled
- ¼ cup Maple Vinaigrette for dressing optional, see notes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the mixture on the tray and roast for about 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes soften. Remove from the oven and let cool down slightly.
- You can do this one day in advance.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the roasted sweet potatoes, green onions, pecans, and cranberries.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and queso fresco. Dress with Maple Vinaigrette to taste.