These Easy Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes are easy to make, so tasty, and would be wonderful with just about any entree. An easy way to impress your family, or guests, is with these pretty baked potatoes.
This post has been sponsored Carapelli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Welcome to Potato Heaven!
I can’t deny that potatoes are one of my favorite foods, hands down! So, there is a lot of potato eating in our house. I’ve made them in so many different ways: French fries, mashed potatoes, potato casserole, potato gratin, etc… But these Easy Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes are for sure my new favorite.
These potatoes are ridiculously easy and tasty.
They’re crispy on the outside. Tender and soft on the inside. Bursting with the perfect flavor combination of olive oil, garlic, and cheese. These are pretty much guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
This is the way to eat potatoes!
They are so goooooood!
The great thing about this recipe is that it isn’t rocket science. Anyone can bake a potato, right?
It all starts with high-quality olive oil!!
And when I say high quality I mean Carapelli®.
Look this beautiful box they send me.
Carapelli® has a long tradition of crafting exceptional products of high quality. They ensure the purity of their oils and guarantee that they are 100% extra virgin olive oil. Plus, they contain absolutely no genetically modified organisms (non-gmo olives) and they are certified organic.
I have to say though, that besides being delicious, they also do look very pretty.
TIP TO MAKE HASSELBACK POTATOES.
Cut a thin lengthwise slice off the bottom of each potato, so that it would stay flat on the table and makes it easier for you to slice. Also, put 2 wooden spoons, or chopsticks, on the sides of the potato, lengthwise, so that as you’re slicing, you don’t slice all the way through.
After you try these Easy Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes you will never want to make potatoes any other way again!
They are a great side dish for chicken, steak, pork, and more.
You can pick up all necessary ingredients at your local Food Lion. Plus, save on your purchase of Carapelli® olive oil with this ibotta coupon offer, running through November 3rd!
Easy Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ cup Carapelli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped + more to garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 – 6 oz Swiss or Manchego cheese, sliced thinly
- Position a baking rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice off the bottom of each potato; discard. Place 2 wooden spoons on opposite long sides of 1 potato on cutting board. Slice the potato crosswise into thin slices, stopping when the knife hits spoons. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Stir together the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, paprika, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Put the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the oil mixture, making sure to get in between all the slices. Cover the baking sheet with foil to avoid the potatoes drying out and to keep the garlic from burning.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven. The potatoes will have started to spread out from cooking.
- Place the sliced cheese in between the slices of the potato. Put the potatoes back in the oven, uncovered, for an additional 20 - 25 minutes, or until crisp and golden on the exterior and soft on the inside.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the baked potatoes with chopped parsley and serve.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!