Cool down this Summer with this Watermelon Summer Splash Cocktail that is sweet, fruity, and summery! Fresh Watermelon Juice, Tequila, and Moscato are shaken to pure perfection. THE BEST flavor combo, and it’s so refreshing.
Easy Watermelon Cocktail Recipe Highlights
Hello, my friends!! If you love fruity cocktails you are going to LOVE this recipe.
This Watermelon Summer Splash cocktail is perfect for those hot days when you want to enjoy refreshing adult beverages out in the sunshine. It’s flavorful and refreshing, which makes it a great way to cap off a long day in the sun! After all, what is warm weather without a cool drink in your hand… right?
Watermelon is one of my favorite summertime things in the world, and Moscato is my absolute favorite wine. So, this is pretty much my dream cocktail.
It is sweet, fruity, and summery!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Watermelon Juice: To make the watermelon juice, you just need a fresh watermelon and a blender.
- Tequila: You can substitute the tequila for watermelon-flavored vodka, or standard vodka.
- Moscato: It can be substituted for any white wine of your preference.
- Agave or simple syrup: For extra sweetness!
Pro Tip: Since fresh watermelon may be hard to find year-round, the bottled watermelon juice makes this an easy and refreshing cocktail to enjoy all year long.
Step By Step Recipe Tutorial
Did I mention that this cocktail is a breeze to make? This recipe is for a single serving made in a shaker, but you can scale up the recipe to make a whole pitcher.
Basically, all you do is:
- Mix everything together,
- Shake or stir with some ice, and
- Enjoy! So, the greatest effort will be going to buy fruit, LOL.
Watermelon Cocktail Pitcher Recipe
You will need:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Moscato
- 1 1/2 cups Tequila
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Sliced limes and watermelon balls to garnish (optional)
- Place the Moscato, tequila, watermelon juice, simple syrup, and ice in a large pitcher, and stir to combine. Top with the lime slices and watermelon balls, if desired. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow for some of the ice to melt and mellow the cocktail.
- Pour into glasses, adding more ice from the pitcher to each glass as needed. Scoop a couple of lime slices into each glass when serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can make this fantastic watermelon cocktail ahead of time and keep it chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This summer watermelon cocktail will be fine in any glasses you have handy. I made it in a cosmopolitan glass, but a taller glass or any other fun shape glass would also be a fantastic choice.
Honeydew and Melon are also great options.
Storing & Freezing Instructions
Store: You can make this fantastic watermelon cocktail ahead of time and keep it chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Freeze: I don’t recommend freezing this cocktail. It is best made fresh.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Watermelon Summer Splash Cocktail
For 2 cocktails:
- 3 oz (90 ml) tequila
- 6 oz (180 ml) Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh watermelon juice (see notes)
- 3 teaspoons (15 ml) simple syrup (or more to taste – see notes)
For a Pitcher:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Tequila
- 2 cups (480 ml) watermelon juice (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) simple syrup (see notes)
To Garnish (optional):
- Slices of Lime
- Watermelon Balls
- Kosher or Himalayan salt for rimming the glass (I used Himalayan salt )
Make Two Cocktails:
- Add tequila, Moscato, watermelon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake well. NOTE: Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter, stir in 1/2 teaspoon more of simple syrup until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Shake and strain into glasses.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lime slices and watermelon balls, if desired.
Make a Pitcher:
- Place the Moscato, tequila, watermelon juice, simple syrup, and ice in a large pitcher, and stir to combine. Add lime slices and watermelon balls, if desired. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow for some of the ice to melt and mellow the cocktail. NOTE: Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter, stir in more of simple syrup until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour into glasses, adding more ice from the pitcher to each glass as needed. Scoop a couple of lime slices and watermelon balls into each glass when serving.
- Cut the watermelon into chunks removing the rind and seeds. Place the chunks into a bowl and let them cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- In a blender, place watermelon and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
This post was sponsored by Shutter Home via Collective Bias.
Originally posted in June 2016, photos were replaced in August 2022, and post content was edited to add more helpful information, with no change to the recipe.
Nan smith says
I made these and yes, they are delicious. I felt it was way too sweet so added more moscato and that helped. Next time I make this, I will not add the agave.
Hello Nan, I am happy you like the cocktail!! Thanks for coming back and leaving your feedback. Cheers!!
Bintu | Recipes from a Pantry says
The only way I like watermelon is juiced and mixed with alcohol. This just made my summer must make list!
You’ll love it!! Thanks for stopping by ☺
Wow that sounds so delicious. Im a huge fan of watermelon. Great pics too!
The Food Hunter says
This looks wonderful and perfect for summer
It’s delicious! Hope you give it a try ☺
Beth @ Binky's Culinary Carnival says
Man! That looks and sounds delightful! The photos are absolutely stunning, too!
Thank you, Beth!! You are very kind ☺