Cool down this Summer with this Watermelon Summer Splash Cocktail that is sweet, fruity, and summery! !! Fresh Watermelon Juice, Tequila, and Moscato are shaken to pure perfection. THE BEST flavor combo, so refreshing!
Easy Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
Hello, my friends!! If you love fruity cocktails you are going to LOVE this recipe.
This Watermelon Summer Splash cocktail is perfect for those hot days when you want to enjoy refreshing adult beverages out in the sunshine. It’s flavorful and refreshing, which makes it a great way to cap off a long day in the sun! After all, what is warm weather without a cool drink in your hand… right?
Watermelon is one of my most favorite summertime things in the world and Moscato is my absolute favorite wine. So, this is pretty much my dream cocktail.
It is sweet, fruity, and summery!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Watermelon Juice
- Agave or simple syrup
I used Sutter Home Moscato to make this delicious cocktail! Of course, I couldn’t forget my Latino roots so I also added a splash of Tequila … the perfect kick!!!
HOW TO MAKE A WATERMELON COCKTAIL
Did I mention that this cocktail is a breeze to make?
This recipe is for a single serving made in a shaker but can scale up the recipe to make a whole pitcher. Basically, all you do is mix everything together, shake or stir with some ice, and voilà! So, the greatest effort will be going to buy fruit, LOL.
Watermelon Cocktail Pitcher Recipe
You will need:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Moscato
- 1 1/2 cups Tequila
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Sliced limes and watermelon balls to garnish (optional)
- Place the Moscato, tequila, watermelon juice, simple syrup and ice in a large pitcher, and stir to combine. Top with the lime slices and watermelon balls, if desired. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow for some of the ice to melt and mellow the cocktail.
- Pour into glasses, adding more ice from the pitcher to each glass as needed. Scoop a couple of lime slices into each glass when serving.
LOOKING FOR MORE COCKTAILS YOU’LL LOVE
Watermelon Summer Splash Cocktail
For 2 cocktails:
- 3 oz tequila
- 6 oz Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ML) fresh watermelon juice (see notes)
- 3 teaspoons simple syrup (see notes)
For a Pitcher:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Tequila
- 2 cups (480 ml) watermelon juice (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) simple syrup (see notes)
To Garnish (optional):
- Slices of Lime
- Watermelon Balls
- Kosher or Himalayan salt for rimming the glass (I used Himalayan salt )
Make Two Cocktails:
- Add tequila, Moscato, watermelon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake well. NOTE: Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter, stir in 1/2 teaspoon more of simple syrup until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Shake and strain into glasses.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lime slices and watermelon balls, if desired.
Make a Pitcher:
- Place the Moscato, tequila, watermelon juice, simple syrup, and ice in a large pitcher, and stir to combine. Add lime slices and watermelon balls, if desired. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow for some of the ice to melt and mellow the cocktail. NOTE: Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter, stir in more of simple syrup until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour into glasses, adding more ice from the pitcher to each glass as needed. Scoop a couple of lime slices and watermelon balls into each glass when serving.
- Cut the watermelon into chunks removing the rind and seeds. Place the chunks into a bowl and let them cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- In a blender, place watermelon and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
This post was sponsored by Shutter Home via Collective Bias.
Originally posted June 2016, photos replaced in May 2021, and post content edited to add more helpful information, no change to the recipe.