This Creamy Peri Peri Chicken is zesty, succulent, and easy to pull off. A simple weeknight dish, yet fancy enough to wow your guests at any gathering.
Creamy Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
Just because we should not live just on desserts on the most wonderful time of the year, today I am sharing a mouthwatering and incredibly delicious Creamy Peri Peri Chicken recipe.
This recipe is a hit every time we serve up this flavorful chicken, which is a simple weeknight meal, yet fancy enough to wow your guests in any gathering. Plus, it’s so easy to make but it will make you look like a rock star to your family or friends.
Since I published Easy Peri Peri Chicken Breasts recipe, the peri peri (or piri piri) sauce has become a family favorite. So, I decided to make a creamy and luscious version to celebrate the holiday season.
This Creamy Peri Peri Chicken is full of zesty, bright flavors that everyone will enjoy.
How to Make Creamy Peri Peri Chicken
First, the chicken gets to rest in the marinade, preferably overnight. Then, simply cook to perfection.
The key to the peri peri chicken is marinating the chicken ahead of time. I usually leave it overnight, which is the ideal. But If you forget, or not have the time, allow at least 30 minutes for the chicken to absorb flavors.
As I mentioned before, my family only like white meat but you can use chicken legs or thighs.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Instant Pot Mojo Chicken
- Sheet Pan Barbecue Bacon Chicken Fajitas
- Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts
- Easy Moroccan Chicken
Just tender, mouthwatering chicken breast smothered with a deliciously bright, citrusy and spicy sauce that is awesome served with white rice.
Creamy Peri Peri Chicken
Peri Peri Marinade:
- 4 chicken breasts (I used skinless and boneless)
- Salt and pepper to taste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups bell peppers, chopped (I used red, yellow and green)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley chopped to garnish (optional)
- Make the peri-peri marinade: place all the ingredients in the bowl or small jar and mix until well combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Note: I didn't add any extra salt or pepper because the marinade has plenty of flavors.
- Place the chicken in a large container or sealable plastic bag. Add the peri-peri marinade and move the chicken around until well coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes at least, or overnight. Reserve marinade.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil. Place chicken in the skillet and cook thoroughly until it reaches 165°F and nice golden color. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet sauté the peppers for 2 – 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add reserved marinade and bring to boil; cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add heavy cream. Mix until well combined. Return chicken and any juices to skillet; bring to boil. Coat the chicken with the sauce. Simmer uncovered until the chicken is heated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve.
Watch How to Make it!
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!