This 30 Minute Easy Chicken Piccata is creamy, citrusy, and full of yummy flavors!! Perfect weeknight meal. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
Hello, my friends!! I have the perfect weeknight meal for you today: 30-minute Easy Chicken Piccata
This dinner is weeknight perfection for a number of reasons:
- The first being that it comes together in about 30 minutes.
- The second being that it all happens in ONE PAN.
- The third being that it’s absolutely scrumptious!!
Just tender, mouthwatering pieces of chicken breast smothered with a deliciously bright and citrusy lemon-butter- sauce.
Chicken Piccata is an impressive dish but it’s so simple to make. This recipe makes enough for a family of four, and still have some leftover for lunch next day.
SOME TIPS/TRICKS ABOUT THIS EASY CHICKEN PICCATA:
- If the chicken breasts are too thick cut them in half lengthwise so you end up with thin cutlets.
- If the sauce is too runny for your taste mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water. Add the mixture to the sauce; mix through fast to combine.
- Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY DINNER IDEAS? CHECK THESE OUT!!
- Easy Sausage and Peppers Rice Skillet
- Easy Turkey Fajita Bowl
- Easy Chicken Lo Mein
- Orange Ginger Chicken Breasts
- Easy Peri Peri Chicken Breasts
Got 30 minutes?
Then you’ve got this luscious Easy Chicken Piccata.
Easy Chicken PiccataPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/5 lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 5 -6 thin chicken breasts)
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (optional but highly recommended)
- 2 tablespoons capers + more to garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh parsley and lemon slices to garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow plate. Dredge chicken breast in the flour; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter has melted and the pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side and cooked through and no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the oil in the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the broth, wine, and heavy cream. Bring the sauce to a boil; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add the 2 remaining tablespoons of butter, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and capers and allow the sauce to simmer for about 2 minutes until thicker. If the sauce is too runny see notes.
- Pour in the lemon juice and stir to combine, allow to simmer for 1 more minute. Add the chicken back into the pan. Garnish with extra capers. parsley and lemon slices, if desired. Serve
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!