This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala is one of the easiest dinner ever! It’s creamy, succulent, ultra-flavorful, and easy to pull off. It comes together in about 30 minutes, which in my book, it makes it the perfect weeknight meal.
This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala is one of the easiest dinner ever!
Today’s recipe is all about ease. Quick and easy food. That tastes darn good. So, if you’re craving something scrumptious, you’ve come to the right place. A party in your mouth is about to happen.
This chicken recipe is creamy, succulent, ultra-flavorful, and easy to pull off, and it comes together in about 30 minutes, which in my book, it makes it the perfect weeknight meal.
I decided to use boneless and skinless chicken breasts because we like white meat better but feel free to use chicken thighs, or even legs, for ultimate tenderness.
Tip to Browning meat in the Instant Pot
The trick to brown meat in the Instant Pot is to do it in small batches and not turning until they have formed a crust on the bottom, or they will stick.
How to cook chicken Marsala in the Instant Pot
Season all-purpose flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dredge both sides of the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Brown the chicken on both sides, remove and set aside. Sauté mushrooms, shallots, and garlic until tender. Add Marsala wine and chicken stock; mix to combine. Return chicken to the Instant Pot. Close lid and cook for 10 minutes. When the time is over, remove chicken and set aside. Add heavy cream and cook until slightly thickened. Return chicken to the pot and toss to coat. Serve hot.
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes?
- Instant Pot Cuban Pulled Pork
- Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff Meatballs
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Barbecue Ribs
- Instant Pot Mexican Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Pineapple Pork
- More Recipes
This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala recipe is ridiculously flavorful, and it cooks in minutes. Serve over fluffy rice or mashed potatoes, or pasta, or polenta.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- 4 - 5 skinless boneless, chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour ,for dredging
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms ,stemmed and halved
- 1 shallot ,thinly sliced
- 3 garlic ,minced
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Parsley to garnish
- Put the chicken breasts on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them; pound with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick. You can also slice the chicken breasts in half or buy them thinly sliced.
- Put the flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper and garlic powder; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. Dredge both sides of the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess.
- Turn the Instant Pot ON and select "saute" mode, adjust heat to more. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. When melted, Add the 2 - 3 chicken breasts into the pot and fry on each side until golden, turning once. Remove the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the pot. When melted, add mushroom, shallots and garlic. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes, or until the mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Press "cancel".
- Add Marsala wine and chicken stock to the pot. Mix to combine. Lay chicken on top of the mushrooms. Secure the lid to the instant pot. Close pressure release valve. Select "poultry" and adjust cooking time to 10 minutes.
- When the time is over, let the pressure release on its own for 5 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to "Venting," to release any extra pressure that might still be in there. Then remove the lid. Press "cancel"
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate and cover with foil to keep it hot, if desired.
- Select "saute" adjust to normal. Add heavy cream; mix to combine. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve hot.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!