These Egg Free Pumpkin Waffles with Salted Caramel Sauce are going to be the perfect addition to your fall breakfast (or brunch) table… easy to make and ridiculously delicious!
I cannot believe it’s Wednesday!
I have three days putting my alarm at 6:00 am and when it goes off I keep snoozing, snoozing, and snoozing, then in a blink of an eye it’s already 7:30 am.
Why not the opposite happens? That I wake up 30 minutes before the alarm goes off! I could really use a few extra minutes in my day. But I have to confess that my weariness is because my husband and I have been going to sleep very late. Guess what we have been doing? Watching Breaking Bad hahaha.
Thanks to some friends that immersed me in Nexflix addiction now my nights are shorter. And of course, my husband, who always has been supportive, it is also addicted. We saw 62 chapters in a month or so. We finished it two days ago. But now we have the dilemma: What are we going to watch next? Believe it or not, we never watched Lost, so we started yesterday. If this series hooks us up I will never catch up on life. I’ll keep you posted!
Changing the subject!
As the fall is here and pumpkin fever is in full swing I decided to make egg free pumpkin waffles. To accompany these delicious waffles I made a salted caramel sauce. Do I have to say anything else? They’re just delicious.
Honestly, I cannot tell you how much we loved these waffles!
They are crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. The pumpkin adds a delicious touch of fall flavors.
Especially with a dusting of powdered sugar… mmmm!
You don’t need any fancy thing to make this recipe, just bust out the wire whisk. It’s pretty straightforward and easy to prepare.
The recipe makes a good amount of waffles. I got about 6 or so waffles out of one batch. We ate them all… oops! Next time I’ll double the recipe I put some in the fridge for later. To reheat them just put them in the toaster if you like them crisp or in the microwave if you want them soft.
Make a cup of coffee, sit down, take a bite and let it sink in.
Surprise your kids and cook up a fun Halloween Breakfast this year!
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
Egg Free Pumpkin Waffles with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl and stir using a balloon whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and butter; mix until smooth. Careful not to overmix.
- Let mixture rest for 10 minutes while the waffle iron is heating up.
- Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray and heat until the waffle iron is hot. Cook the waffles in batches until golden brown.
- Serve hot with salted caramel or any other topping of your preference.
- Make the caramel: In a medium heavy-duty saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, salt, and water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves and butter melts. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, until the mixture turns golden brown. Remove from heat and very carefully add the cream. Mix well until the mixture looks homogeneous and smooth. Return to heat, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 more minute. Set aside and let it cool until warm.
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever
- Eggless Red Velvet Cake
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- More recipes...
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!