This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is incredibly simple, but seriously scrumptious! The chicken and potatoes are bathed in plenty of herbs and a delicious bright citrus sauce that will make your taste buds dance. The perfect answer to hectic weeknights. Whole 30 friendly.
I love sheet pan meal! I’ve been making this Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken long before the sheet pan meals were all the rage.
Since my husband and I started the Whole 30 program I have done so many sheet pans meals that I already lost count.
They are great when you want to cook health-ish without sacrificing big flavor. Plus, they mostly have it all: protein, starch, veggies, and herbs.
This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is full of zesty flavor. The chicken and potatoes are bathed in plenty of herbs and a delicious bright citrus sauce that will make your taste buds dance.
The marinade/sauce is everything in this recipe!
Sometimes I double the quantities just to have enough sauce to drown the potatoes and chicken in it.
How to make lemon garlic marinade for chicken?
Combine in a small bowl 4 tablespoons olive oil, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, 2 teaspoon garlic powder, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional). This marinade is enough for 2 lb. of chicken.
This time I used skin-on, bone-in, trimmed of excess fat thighs but of course, you can use chicken breasts or legs if you prefer. Depending on the size of your pieces, you probably will need to adjust the cooking time.
A meat or instant-read thermometer is your best bet for determining the doneness of your chicken. 165º Fahrenheit is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat and dark meat.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Peri Peri Chicken [Video]
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Instant Pot Mojo Chicken
- Sheet Pan Barbecue Bacon Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken and Corn Enchiladas
- Easy Chicken Lo Mein
This delicious Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes dinner comes together quickly and is guaranteed to please the whole family.
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 - 3 lb. chicken (1 used thighs)
- 1 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered (optional)
- Fresh oregano leaves to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a 15x10 inch baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, garlic cloves, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Arrange potatoes and chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle oil mixture over the chicken and potatoes; mix to coat. Place lemon slices and onion around the chicken, if using.
- Roast for 35- 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, and potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with fresh oregano, if using. Serve hot.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!