This truly is The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever! The cake is supremely tender, moist, and bursting with a rich chocolate flavor. Perfect for birthdays, craving days or any celebration.
This Eggless Chocolate Cake has got to be my favorite cake that I’ve made so far. Believe me … I have tried quite a few since lately.
This has been one of my longest recipes in the creation. It took me quite few fails to figure out the right ratio. But each and every one of those failures was SO worth it.
The final result?
A Super moist, tender crumb, bursting with chocolate flavor cake!
This cake is a Chocolate Frolic!!!
When baking without egg this is the most frequent question.
How do you substitute eggs in a cake recipe?
The best way to substitute eggs in a cake recipe is finding the right combination of leavening agents, such baking powder and/or baking soda, and acids, such vinegar, lemon juice, buttermilk, yogurt, sour cream, etc…When leavaners and acids are combined they react and produce gas (bubbles) that will make the cake fluffy.
What cakes can you make without eggs?
Cakes without eggs can be a little tricky, but not impossible! The best egg substitutes for a cake recipe are baking soda + buttermilk, yogurt, sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, applesauce and ripe mashed banana. Keep in mind that these last two can alter the flavor of the cake.
Check out my favorite cake recipes!!
It’s marvelous all by itself, frosted with a luscious frosting or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Either way, you’ll love it.
This truly is The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever! The cake is supremely tender, moist, and bursting with a rich chocolate flavor. Perfect for birthdays, holidays, and craving days.
- 2 1/3 cups (325 gr) self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup (113.4 gr) unsalted butter, softened (1 sticks)
- 2 cups (400 gr) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz)sour cream
- ½ cup (4 oz)vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup (12 oz) buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Butter one rectangular 9x13 inch cake pan, or two round 9-inch cake pan. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. To make sure your cake will come out of the pan without problems, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt. Reserve.
Stir together hot water and instant coffee power until the coffee is dissolved. Reserve.
- Add butter, sugar, sour cream, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, vinegar and coffee to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until well combined. Add flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
You can skip the instant coffee, but I love using it because it makes the chocolate rich and intense. A chocolate frolic!!
LOOKING FOR MORE EGGLESS RECIPES?
- Eggless Red Velvet Cake
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking for more egg substitutes? These are my favorites!!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!