Start your morning with a pumpkin-inspired breakfast bowl topped with this homemade Pumpkin Quinoa Granola! It’s Super easy to make, way more delicious than the stuff you buy at the store.
Allow me to introduce you to the new rockstar of our morning breakfasts/snacks…Pumpkin Quinoa Granola!!
To honor the beautiful fall weather we’re finally having around here in Virginia, I’m decided to share my favorite granola recipe, that tastes like my favorite fall flavor. Mmmm, pumpkin.
I don’t know about you guys, but I love to munch on homemade granola because I know exactly what went into them. I also LOVE the fact that granola can be kept in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks or so, making it a fantastic pantry staple to have on hand.
This Pumpkin Quinoa Granola recipe is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S, super easy to make and budget-friendly. So, save yourself money and make it, don’t buy it.
I use good old fashioned rolled oats, and Pumpkin seeds and uncooked quinoa, which add protein, nutrition, and a wonderful toasty flavor. This Pumpkin Quinoa Granola is naturally-sweetened with brown sugar and pure maple syrup (instead of sugar).
Here are some variations you can apply to this recipe:
- Add your favorite dried fruit, such as cranberries, apricots, or raisins.
- Substitute almonds for your choice of nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios etc.) Note that pecans and walnuts both burn easily so I would suggest adding them towards the end of the baking time.
- Avoid nuts and use seeds instead to make this granola a nut-free treat for allergic peeps.
- Add an extra teaspoon of salt for a more intense salty-sweet bite.
- If you prefer chunkier granola, don’t stir as it breaks up the clusters. Instead, just rotate the baking sheet to ensure even cooking.
Looking for more oat recipes?
- Pumpkin Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
- Eggless Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Eggless Baked Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Skinny Oat Arepas
- Apple Crumble with Oats and Almonds
Sprinkle it over yogurt or your favorite smoothie, pour milk over it, or eat it straight as it is…breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
So, cheers to all things pumpkin!
Pumpkin Quinoa Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, quinoa, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and salt. Mix well.
- Whisk pumpkin puree, olive oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread out to form a uniform single layer.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until evenly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!