These Eggless Chocolate Donuts are to die for!! They’re baked, not fried, and they’re ready in 15 minutes!
Sometimes, Wednesday morning calls for an eggless chocolate donut… maybe two!
Last week was the Easter party at my daughter’s preschool. I was supposed to bring an Easter treat for the kids to share after the egg hunt but I didn’t want to bring cupcakes again. I mean. Everybody loves cupcakes but something different would be great. So I dedicated a couple of days to develop this recipe.
The timing was perfect because Nestle El Mejor Nido invited me to develop a few recipes in Spanish using their products so I take advantage of that and added Nesquik to this recipe. It was a little tricky at first. I prepared 3 batches before I finally nailed it. I’m very pleased with how they turned out.
The donuts were a TOTAL success on the preschool party, so much so that teachers asked me for the recipe. I love that they are baked, which helps to cut calories, and guilty if I eat more than one. I assure you that one will not be enough.
Yes… that good!
The texture was perfect; fluffy and moist, and taste…oh boy! Chocolatey, rich and delicious! They are truly a piece of heaven.
They’re also magic because they will disappear before your eyes!
These Eggless Chocolate Donuts are to die for!! They’re baked, not fried, and they're ready in 15 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Nesquik Chocolate Powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate glaze
- Sprinkles to decorate (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 320° F. Spray with nonstick spray a donuts baking pan. Reserve.
- Combine in a medium bowl the flour, sugar, Nesquik, cocoa and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix milk, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pan, filling each one a little more than 3/4 full. You may have to bake 2 or 3 batches depending on which and/or how many pans you use.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan. When they are completely cold dipped halfway the donuts in hot chocolate glaze. Place on a wire rack and sprinkle with sprinkles if you want.
Place the butter, milk, corn syrup and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. At first boil remove from heat and add the chocolate; Mix until completely melted. Add the powdered sugar and mix vigorously until smooth.
LOOKING FOR MORE EGGLESS RECIPES?
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever
- Eggless Red Velvet Cake
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- More recipes...
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!